- How and where do I pick up my bib number and race shirt?
You can pick up your bib number and race shirt during Packet Pick Up at The Shoe Company on Tuesday, November 20, 2018, and Wednesday, November 21, 2018, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm or at Holland Park on race morning from 6:00 am – 8:00 am. Race shirts and bibs will not be available for pick-up after 8:30 am on race day.
- When is the cutoff for a guaranteed race shirt? November 9, 2018, is the last day that you can register and be guaranteed a race shirt. However, a limited number of shirts will be for sale at packet pick up and race morning.
- When does online registration end? Online registration ends on Sunday, November 18, 2018 at midnight. You may still register at The Shoe Company during the packet pick up days and race morning. Packet pick up is Tuesday, November 20, 2018, and Wednesday, November 21, 2018, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. The charge for the race at the Shoe Company will be $35 on Tuesday and Wednesday. The price for registration on race morning will be $40.
- Are there Race Crew Volunteer opportunities?
Yes. Visit our Volunteer page.
- I will be out of town on Thanksgiving Day. Can I still participate?
Yes! You can register for the Give ‘N Gobble Virtual 5k. Run anywhere, anytime during Thanksgiving weekend! Post your pictures on Give ‘N Gobble Dickson Facebook page or Prize Runners Instagram #gg5kDickson. Virtual Race registration ends on November 9, 2018.
- Is there parking near the Start/Finish?
There is ample parking around the Start/Finish around Holland Park and downtown Dickson.
- Can I bring my pet?
We love pets, but for their own safety we require that they stay home, or at their Grandma’s house. Please, no pets on the race course.
- What will the weather be like?
Please visit the Weather information page.
- When is the awards ceremony?
The awards ceremony will take place once all the leaders in each age group have crossed the finish line. The ceremony will take place at approximately 9:25 am.
- Are there Road Closures on race day?
Yes. There will be limited road closures and/or lane closures. Please be aware of any traffic during the race. Safety first!
- Is the Give ‘N Gobble 5K USATF certified?
Yes. The 5K course is certified.
- What type of timing will be used?
Music City Race Timing is our official race timer and they use MyLaps! timing for the 5K. The race is a gun start and chip finish.
- What are the start times?
The Turkey Chase Fun Run begins at 8:00 am. The 5K and Giving Mile Walk/Run begin at 8:30 am on Main Street in Downtown Dickson.
- I am a walker – can I walk the course?
Yes. All courses are walker friendly.
- Can I take my stroller on the course?
Absolutely! We love babies and children! We do ask that strollers and wagons begin in the back of the start line to allow the competitive runners plenty of room to race. Signing a waiver is required for all strollers and wagons on the race course.
- Can I walk or run with a participant without registering?
No. It is mandatory for each walker or runner to register for the race so each participant signs the waiver. Bandits (participants without bibs) will be asked to leave the course.
- Can I wear my bib number on my back or side?
No. For your safety, bib numbers must be worn the on front of the body and visible at all times. This is for safety, liability, timing and photography purposes. Ensure the bib is placed on a garment that is not going to be removed when the day warms up.
- Once I finish, can I go back and run with my friend?
Yes. However, for safety purposes the finish line chute is restricted to participants who are finishing their race.
- Can a friend or family member cross the finish line with me?
No. For safety purposes the finish line chute is restricted to participants who are finishing their race.
- What kind of surface is the race run on?
The race is run on asphalt roads.
- Is there a water station?
Yes. The water station is located at the 1 1/2 mile mark.
- Are there restrooms along the course?
No. However, there are plenty of restrooms at the Start/Finish line.
Still have a question? Contact us!